Current research by theme
- Resilience & Well-being in later life
- Living as well as possible with dementia
- Creative interventions for older age and dementia care
Living as well as possible with dementia
Research on the experience of dementia falls within this theme. This covers a range of topics, but there is a particular interest in identifying factors contributing to quality of life and well-being in people with dementia and their supporters. This can include paid staff as well as family care-givers, and includes research on care homes and other care environments. The importance of relationships and the quality of relationship between the person with dementia and their care-givers has been a key theme, both for people living at home and those living in care homes. The awareness of the person with dementia has been another key theme, both for people in the early stages of dementia (e.g. the MIDAS project) and those experiencing severe impairments (e.g. the AWARECARE project).
- Challenge Demcare: Dementia Care for behaviours that challenge
- Bilingualism as a protective factor in age-related neurodegenerative disorders
- An evaluation of the effects of using an ICT based reminiscence app for people who have dementia and their caregivers
- North Wales Dementia Network
Please click here to return to the central themes that categorise our research.