Fundraising and Donations
Dementia Services Development Centre (DSDC) Wales:
Who are we?
The DSDC Wales Research Centre is part of the School of Health Sciences at Bangor University.
Our aim is to improve the quality of life and well-being of older people and people with dementia and their supporters, through carrying out and applying relevant research.
We are internationally known for:
- Our high-quality research in areas including resilience, social exclusion, ageing well, carer well-being, & intergenerational working.
- Developing and evaluating creative psychosocial interventions for people with dementia and carers.
- Our contribution to policy development and implementation.
- Delivery of evidence-based training and advice to all who are looking to improve the quality of life, care, and support for people with dementia and those who care for them.
- Creating and supporting Dementia Networks in North and Mid Wales.
We are committed to working with all those who strive to improve the quality of services for people with dementia and their supporters in Wales.
We recognise the importance of:
- The Welsh language,
- The cultural heritage of Wales,
- The balance of urban and rural areas,
- The differences in health and social care systems across the UK,
that makes Wales a unique place to live, work, and grow older.
We believe it is important to have an Ageing and Dementia Research Centre in North Wales to ensure that the values of those living in Wales are recognised and represented in ageing and dementia research, policy, and practice.
At its core, our work aims to support those who make up our local communities, and the wider society of Wales.
Whilst local communities are at the heart of what we do, our work is of an internationally recognised standard and contributes to a wider body of research and knowledge that aims to improve the lives of as many as possible, locally, nationally, and internationally.
How do we use donations:
Any donations towards DSDC Wales Research Centre are gratefully received.
Below are some examples of how we may use donations to share knowledge, develop skills, further research, and support care in the local area:
- Travel bursaries for people with dementia and carers to attend our events.
- Support public involvement in research development.
- Hold public seminars.
- Deliver professional development workshops.
- Deliver training events.
- Develop resource material aimed at improving the care of people with dementia.
- Support activities and initiatives of the regional Dementia Networks.
- Fund summer student internships.
- Fund research studentships.
How to donate:
If you are considering donating to the DSDC Wales Research Centre, or holding a fundraising event, please get in touch to discuss any requirements you have.
Donations can be made by cheque, payable to Bangor University. Money will still be specifically allocated to the DSDC Wales Research Centre.
Please send any donation cheques to:
DSDC Projects Secretary,
DSDC Wales, Bangor University,
Ardudwy, Normal Site,
LL57 2PZ, UK
Tel: 01248 383050
If you would like more information on the DSDC Wales Research Centre and our current projects, please have a look at our website:
Bangor University is recognised as a charity (Registered Charity No. 1141565).