Current research by theme
- Well being in later life
- Living with dementia
- Psychosocial interventions in dementia
- Creative arts and dementia
Well-being in later life: Projects
Lifestyle Matters is a project being run by the Universities of Sheffield and Bangor, and aims to find out whether taking part in a programme called Lifestyle Matters can help older people maintain a healthy, happy and fulfilling life.
The main purpose of the Lifestyle Matters programme is to develop and maintain well-being through taking part in activities. This will be achieved through:
- A combination of support from other group members together with guided assistance from trained group facilitators.
- Skills and knowledge sharing between group members.
- Provision of information so participants can make informed lifestyle choices.
- Encouragement and practical help to take part in activities that are of interest and relevance to participants.
- Assistance with identifying strategies for dealing with life changes.
Please click here to return to our well-being in later life projects.