DSDC Wales is a unique resource in Wales, offering evidence-based training and advice to all who share our mission to improve the quality of life of and quality of care and support for people with dementia and those who provide care for them. The services we offer fall into three main categories:
- Dementia training and staff development, including organisation of seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Advice and consultancy on service development, including service evaluations, advice on care home design and advice on the planning of new services.
- Publications relevant to practitioners, including the Signpost journal and a number of training resources and materials.
Working with DSDC Wales offers:
- Approaches rooted in person-centred and relationship-centred care philosophies
- Access to authoritative, independent advice and information
- Access to evidence-based training based on the very latest research and development
- Assurance that our research is internationally recognised as being of the highest quality
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the Welsh context
- Practical and pragmatic approaches based on many years of direct involvement in service provision
- Many years of experience of service development and evaluation
Our services are typically offered to dementia care services and providers, rather than directly to people with dementia or family care-givers.