Promoting psychological wellbeing for people with dementia and their carers: An enhanced practice resource
This resource is based on work originally developed by Professor Bob Woods and Dr Mike Bird and is provided by NHS Education for Scotland. It is designed to enhance understanding of dementia from a psychological perspective, and to enable staff to apply this learning to supporting people with dementia and their families and carers. The learning resource sections are:
- Section 1: What makes us who we are?
- Section 2: Understanding dementia from a psychological perspective
- Section 3: Assessment of dementia; Introduction to the most common dementias
- Section 4: Communication – People with dementia and caregivers
- Section 5: Evidence-based psychological interventions in dementia care
- Section 6: Psychological approaches to distressed behaviour
- Section 7: Other resources
Throughout the resource learning activities are used to aid reflection on how this information can be used to inform practice. This resource can be used for individual learning, group based learning or to stimulate discussion in learning events.
To view this document please Click here