Dementia Services Development Centre (DSDC)
Links for Researchers
- Alzheimer’s Society Research: The research section of the main Alzheimer’s Society website.
- Careinfo: The website for the long term care sector
- CADR: Centre for Ageing and Dementia Research
- Centre for policy on Ageing: Promoting informed debate about issues concerning older people
- Cognitive Stimulation Therapy: Details of the CST project for people with dementia
- DSDC Stirling: The Dementia Services Development Centre at the University of Stirling that have an online virtual care home amongst other services.
- Global Ageing Research Network (GARN): The aim of this Network is to identify the best research centres dedicated to social, biological, behavioural and clinical gerontology.
- Health & Care Research Wales: National Institute for Social Care and Health Research Clinical Research Centre.
- Healthy Living Wales: a web site on healthy living, based on the results of the 35-year Caerphilly study as reported in the Booklet: ‘Better than any pill
- International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics (IAGG)
- INTERDEM: Early detection and timely INTERvention in DEMentia
- Mental Health Foundation: UK charity for mental health
- Research and Impaired Mental Capacity in Adults - Guidance for Researchers
- Research in Ageing and Cognitive Health (REACH): REACH group is a collaboration between several Schools and academic disciplines in Exeter University, aiming to improve the lives of older people and people with dementia through research.
- Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) Dementia Gateway: A resource for practice guidance, research, and learning. In particular, their e-learning is worth having a look at. These e-learning resources are freely available to all users and, through audio, video, and interactive uses of technology, aim to raise awareness of key issues, research, messages, policies, and approaches relating to mental health of older people, and in so doing, positively impact on practice.
- The Walton Centre Research: Find out about current research at the specialist neurology Walton Centre