Links for Practitioners
Alzheimer’s Society: The society for people with dementia and their carers.
- At Dementia: Assistive technology for people with dementia
- Careinfo: The website for the long term care sector
- CADR: Centre for Ageing and Dementia Research
- Centre for policy on Ageing: Promoting informed debate about issues concerning older people
- Cognitive Stimulation Therapy: Details of the CST project for people with dementia
- Conwy’s BIG Voice Project: A project to enable citizens in the county to gain the confidence and the ability to express their views and directly influence the provision of the services that are essential to their daily lives.
- Dementia Advocacy Network (dan): A national support network for advocates working with people with dementia
- Dementia Partnerships: A useful website containing up-to-date news, reports, and resources for downloading. Includes the DSDC Wales evaluation of the Alzheimer’s Society pilot project on developing forums for people with dementia.
- DSDC Stirling: The Dementia Services Development Centre at the University of Stirling that have an online virtual care home amongst other services.
- Dignified Revolution: Ensuring that older people are cared for with dignity and respect in hospital
- Health & Care Research Wales: National Institute for Social Care and Health Research Clinical Research Centre.
- Healthy Living Wales: a web site on healthy living, based on the results of the 35-year Caerphilly study as reported in the Booklet: ‘Better than any pill
- Mental Health Foundation: UK charity for mental health
- Research in Ageing and Cognitive Health (REACH): REACH group is a collaboration between several Schools and academic disciplines in Exeter University, aiming to improve the lives of older people and people with dementia through research.
- Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) Dementia Gateway: A resource for practice guidance, research, and learning. In particular, their e-learning is worth having a look at. These e-learning resources are freely available to all users and, through audio, video, and interactive uses of technology, aim to raise awareness of key issues, research, messages, policies, and approaches relating to mental health of older people, and in so doing, positively impact on practice.
- Signs for dementia care facilities: Find Signage systems provide excellent signs, memory boxes, and other dementia care resources.